Safer Gambling Manager
The SGM is an essential part of both the Compliance Department and the business as a whole. The SGM takes ownership of all safer gambling areas across the organisation, primarily ensuring customers are protected, providing best in class adherence to Social Responsibility regulations, raising awareness and delivering training while being proactive on all safer gambling matters.
Reporting to the Head of Risk & Compliance, the SGM role has an incumbent responsibility to protect the customer and the stakeholders from inherent risk whilst ensuring the company’s ability to transact freely.
- Ownership of Safer Gambling policy, ensuring procedures are up to date, well documented, implemented and communicated to all necessary stakeholders.
- Investigate escalated potential problem gamblers and action accordingly.
- Identify potential at risk behaviours of High Value Customers through in-depth reviews of customer activity that leverage analytics tools, and conduct appropriate detailed interactions while documenting thoroughly.
- Carry out affordability checks on High Value Customers to supplement SG assessments taking into account source of funds and wealth.
- Work closely with Key Accounts, Marketing and Data Analytics to manage and improve ensure that SG is a core part of the Matchbook experience and is proportionately implemented into the customer journey.
- Maintain the Safer Gambling log and records for internal use and regulatory purposes.
- Provide and present statistics, information and KPIs for internal reports and regulatory returns.
- Ensure the ICS (Internal Control System) document is updated in Safer Gambling areas.
- Participate in regulatory audits and compliance assessments to demonstrate the SG framework.
- Provide Social Responsibility regulatory updates and guidance to stakeholders and deliver training to colleagues.
- Work with the Head of Risk & Compliance for regulatory queries and inspections
- Undertake SG risk assessments for new products and new regulatory guidance.
- Create and maintain relationships with Safer Gambling organisations such as GambleAware, GamCare and GamStop.
- Provide SG updates at the Compliance Committee meetings where required.
What we are looking for
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5+ years experience in Compliance or Safer Gambling.
- Strong understanding of and/or experience with operator licensees would be beneficial (particularly UKGC and AGCC)
- Experience in developing and implementing policy and procedures
- An understanding of the relevant regulatory frameworks
- An ability to communicate succinctly and clearly, verbally and in writing
- An ability to work autonomously while ensuring the Legal & Compliance team are kept updated
- Being decisive and be able to make recommendations to the Head of Risk & Compliance/General Counsel
- Enthusiasm and drive combined with the ability to multi-task work in a cohesive and collaborative team
- Proven ability to recognise the implications of risk, compliance and change at an organisational and project level
- Fast learning ability to develop a knowledge and understanding of continuously updated regulations
- Previous training experience would be beneficial