At Xanadu, we provide services to Matchbook, a sophisticated betting exchange. This uses peer-to-peer betting where customers can choose to either place a bet or take a bet. It’s suitable for all types of bettors from casual punters to professional traders. Matchbook is no ordinary web platform. It has more in common with the New York Stock Exchange than with a bookmaker. It operates at scale. Its API processes over 450 million API requests per day. It manages billions of dollars worth of transactions.
The Business Analyst will be the centre point for liaising between the Commercial, Compliance and Technical departments to ensure that the interests of all are heard and considered ahead of any project initiation and solution. The person will relay Business requests into technical documents, User Stories and workflow diagrams where necessary and present them to the Technical teams for refinement and solution analysis.
The person will update the key business stakeholders on project status, solution analysis and engage with them around key decision making points in the project lifecycle. Understanding how different teams, process workflows and systems operate together will be a key aspect of the role and ensuring that every element is operating efficiently.
What will I be doing?
- Analysing the challenges and opportunities faced by Matchbook and its customers for future growth, operational efficiency and improved customer experience.
- Preparation of business cases outlining the problem that is to be resolved, the options considered and how this aligns with Matchbooks strategy.
- Liaise with key stake-holders to understand business goals and identify analysis projects that support these goals.
- Translate business and customer problems into simplified business requirements and communicate these to ensure buy-in from all stakeholders.
- Present and refine business requirements with the development teams, assist with sprint planning and post sprint
- Conduct post product release retrospectives analysing the impact of the change vs predicted KPI metrics.
- Evaluating data and drawing conclusions and insights related to the behaviour of customers to inform future decisions.
- Work with the development teams to ensure that they understand the specifications at all stages of the development process.
- Overseeing and coordinating the implementation of new product releases with the business stakeholders.
- Organising and conducting product demonstrations to business stakeholders.
- Conduct user acceptance testing and provide sign off ahead of product releases to production.
- Producing written documentation to support your findings and present it to stakeholders when asked.
- Act as business representative and key point of contact to 3rd party vendors during project integrations.
- Undertake product training
What are we looking for?
- Excellent presentation skills in groups and one-to-one environments.
- Good interpersonal & self-organising skills and an ability to build relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to multitask and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- A team player with proven ability to work autonomously.
- A 3rd level degree qualification in a computer related discipline with a minimum of 2 years working in an IT environment.
- Strong system analysis experience and analytical skills and an ability to deal with multiple business demands simultaneously.
- Strong aptitude for technology based solutions to challenges
- Experience working in a fast paced environment and betting industry knowledge is advantageous.