Xanadu is an innovative technology company that develops best-in-class betting software and provides operational support and services to Matchbook.com, one of the world's leading and most sophisticated betting exchanges.
Matchbook is no ordinary website, it has more in common with the New York Stock Exchange than with a bookmaker. It operates at a massive scale, processing more than 500 million API requests a day with an average response time of under 50ms, while also handling billions of dollar’s worth of transactions. To put some of this into perspective, Matchbook processes more transactions each day than Amazon.com does on Black Friday.
We are looking for a talented Data Analyst to join our Data Analytics function. If you bring an enthusiasm to all things data related and working with technologies such as SQL, Python, R, Tableau and Airflow excites you then please get in touch with us as we’d love to hear from you.
What will I be doing?
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to build new and improve upon existing intelligence systems, processes and their associated monitoring and alerts
- Build informative, insightful dashboards and reports
- Champion intelligence delivery tools, ensuring relevant, accurate and timely delivery of business requirements
- Collaborate within data analytics to build best practice into daily processes
- Support production issues, helping identify and implement effective solutions
- Deliver insights to product engineering to guide feature development.
- Contribute to overall company data governance and compliance efforts
- Promotion of data-driven decision making as part of the overall company culture
What are we looking for?
- Highly numerate with an undergraduate (and/or postgraduate) degree in a STEM field
- Fluency in SQL
- Experience with open source languages such as Python/R
- Experience with dashboard design and business discovery software and techniques (Tableau preferably)
- Advanced excel skills
- Strong data science experience and knowledge of data modelling approaches
- Be a team player capable of conducting independent research
- A strong business-orientation, ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Have a high level of attention to detail
- Experience using Linux as a development environment
- Experience with unit testing
- Experience with good code management practices (Git)
- Experience creating ETL processes
- Familiarity with CRM software such as Salesforce
- Experience with at least one NoSQL database
- A year industry experience