AML & KYC Manager
At Xanadu, we provide services to Matchbook, a sophisticated betting exchange. This uses peer-to-peer betting where customers can choose to either place a bet or take a bet. It’s suitable for all types of bettors from casual punters to professional traders. Matchbook is no ordinary platform. It has more in common with the New York Stock Exchange than with a bookmaker. It operates at scale. Its API processes over 450 million API requests per day. It manages billions of dollars worth of transactions.
With more regulated markets opening around the world we face new opportunities for further expansion, leveraging our cutting-edge technology to provide our partners with an extremely performant and dependable exchange system.
The challenges here are big. The people you’ll work with are hungry to tackle them. If this sounds like a challenge too good to ignore, then we want to hear from you.
The AML & KYC Manager role involves ensuring that the team functions as expected and delivers a quick turnaround time on customer queries relating to KYC, conducting AML/Fraud investigations, completion of necessary daily reports and staffing for the compliance team.
- Management of the AML, KYC analyst team, setting team and individual goals, managing the rota and daily scheduling, owning the Customer Due Diligence journey and all fraud related incidents.
- Responsible for ensuring that daily reports, verification queues and withdrawal queues meet the business Service Level Agreements and customer expectations.
- Ensure that all reports and data feeds necessary for the running of the team are kept up to date and inline with the latest regulations and guidelines.
- Relationship management with the AML, KYC providers - both existing and sourcing future partners - to ensure that they and their products meet Matchbooks expectations and Service Level Agreements.
- Build and maintain a close working relationship with key internal teams such as Customer Service, Marketing, Data Analytics and Commercial teams to ensure a smooth operational workflow at all times.
- Identify and investigate cases of suspicious customer activity, handling the investigation, customer communication and necessary reporting of the incident to all parties.
- Resolve ad-hoc compliance and fraud queries relating to customers' accounts both directly with customers as well as internal stakeholders.
- Work alongside the MLRO, RGO and Compliance Officers to investigate customers and conduct Enhanced Due Diligence where necessary.
- Present to the wider business the team KPIs and status updates on a weekly basis.
- Consistently drive automation improvements and reduce manual overheads.
- Understand the regulatory landscape in each territory that Matchbook operates and ensure compliance with all local laws and regulations.
Experience and skills required:
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment as a key individual and point of contact for issues and incidents as they arise, and addressing these in a calm and professional manner.
- Excellent people management skills with proven ability to coordinate daily activities and rota planning.
- Proven track record of relationship management both with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable presenting at all levels internally in the organization on an individual or group basis, to customers and external stakeholders and partners as required.
- Organised & motivated – ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities
- Experience with handling complex cases involving multiple data points, identifying a solution and presenting the information in a clear and concise manner.
- Understanding of money laundering, Customer Due Diligence and gambling regulations is beneficial.
- Past experience working in the gambling sector is beneficial.
- Demonstrate confidence to work autonomously, and the practical skill set of being able to prioritise yours and the team’s workload.
- In-depth knowledge of the fraud and Customer Due Diligence landscapes including existing and emerging technologies.
- Ability to summarise issues, journey improvements and communicate this to technical teams is preferential.