At Xanadu, we provide services to Matchbook, a sophisticated betting exchange. This uses peer-to-peer betting where customers can choose to either place a bet or take a bet. It’s suitable for all types of bettors from casual punters to professional traders. Matchbook is no ordinary platform. It has more in common with the New York Stock Exchange than with a bookmaker. It operates at scale. Its API processes over 450 million API requests per day. It manages billions of dollars worth of transactions.
With more regulated markets opening around the world we face new opportunities for further expansion, leveraging our cutting-edge technology to provide our partners with an extremely performant and dependable exchange system.
At Xanadu we also provide User Interfaces to our systems, both Web and Native Mobile (iOS and Android). The domain is highly competitive and usability, performance and reliability of our UIs are of the biggest importance to us.
The challenges here are big. The people you’ll work with are hungry to tackle them. If this sounds like a challenge too good to ignore, then we want to hear from you.
What will I be doing?
- You’ll have full responsibility for the engineering of our iOS application, from architectural design to test and implementation.
- Working closely with Product Owners and Designers, influencing their decisions to provide the best technical solutions and the best mobile use experience.
- Designing, developing and delivering software with strict constraints regarding performance and reliability .
- Supporting the rest of the Mobile team in developing and maintaining tracking and measurement tools.
- Contributing to the evolution of our engineering and agile culture.
- Supporting QA, Operations and other areas as needed.
- Supporting the team in whatever capacity necessary to achieve the sprint goal.
What are we looking for?
- BSc. degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years iOS development experience
- Experience in managing app distribution through Apple Store Connect and TestFlight
- Solid competences in OOP, reactive programming, MVVM
- Strong attitude to work on “system” aspects of the iOS development, beyond and besides the development of user facing features: continuous improvement of the code base, unit testing, UI testing, Continuous Integration.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Systematic problem-solving approach, with a strong sense of ownership.
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Desirable experience in some or all of the following technologies: Behaviour relay, Websockets (Starscream), RxSwift, SwiftUI
- The following tools: GIT, Firebase, Swiftlint
- Experience of working within an agile development framework
- Any level of competence in Android development would be considered positively.
Interview and on-boarding
- The interview will be in two steps, a first introductory interview to get to know each other and assess the basic skills of the candidate, and then a second interview based on the discussion of a technical assignment the candidate would be given a few days to complete
- The role will be a fully remote position. But while you will be able to work fully remotely, our head office is in Cork (Ireland), should you prefer to work in an office environment.