Compliance Officer/Deputy MLRO
The Compliance Officer will become part of the Legal & Compliance team, a varied role which includes day-to-day duties, interesting project work and communication with other departments. The role will provide insights and contact with all other departments within the business while ensuring regulatory requirements are met and is an essential part of both the Compliance Team and the business as a whole.
The Compliance Officer will support the Legal and Compliance team to ensure the company adheres to the rules and regulations set by regulators in Alderney (AGCC) and the UK Gambling Commission. The Compliance Officer is required to identify and report any breaches of company and/or regulatory policies to the Head of Risk & Compliance and to implement a remedy.
The candidate will be the designated Deputy MLRO for the business. In the absence of the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO), they will be responsible for ensuring the actions and tasks of the MLRO are completed to the full extent of the obligations required by the applicable regulations related to the prevention of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing and related legislation and guidances.
The candidate will be required to establish key working relationships across the business to ensure policies and processes are in place that meet company and regulatory requirements. The candidate will ensure regular monitoring is completed internally to ensure the business is compliant. There is also an incumbent responsibility to protect the business and the stakeholders from inherent risk whilst ensuring the company’s ability to transact freely.
- Undertake ongoing monitoring of customers (including EDD) and relevant compliance tasks
- Ensure company policies and procedures in relation to AML, due diligence and fraud are robust, satisfy regulators and reflect industry best-standard
- Act as Deputy MLRO to the business, ensuring suspicious transactions are dealt with and reported to the local FIU and the regulators as required (SARs/DAMLs etc).
- Suggest and implement improvements to processes
- Undertake AML risk assessments within the business
- Train and mentor colleagues in AML and maintain training records
- Update documents, policies and procedures as required (at least annually)
- Contribute to inspections/audits from regulators, reviewing any recommendations and ensuring implementation in the business
- Maintain the Enhanced Due Diligence program and ongoing monitoring
- Undertake open source customer investigations
- Liaise with customers and Account Managers, ensuring that standards are met, and customer experience is considered.
- Lead team meetings and deputise for other members of the compliance team in cross team meetings as necessary.
- Submit suspicious transaction reports and liaise with the Compliance Team
- Update the Internal Control System to reflect changes
- Prepare Regulatory returns (monthly, quarterly and year-end)
- Update regulators with licence, key equipment and games registry changes
- Ensure adherence to Licence Conditions & Codes of Practice (LCCP) and Remote Technical Standards (RTS) and advise the business as required
- Communicate with Product/Marketing team on new products/promotions
- Review consumer products from a fairness and transparency perspective
- Conduct company wide inspections as needed
- Complete daily reports and verifications as needed
- Ad hoc projects and other duties as needed
- Previous experience in Compliance in the online gambling industry would be beneficial
- ICA or CAMS certification preferred
- Strong understanding of and/or previous dealings with operator and software licenses would be beneficial (particularly UKGC and AGCC regulators)
- Very strong documentation and analytical skills particularly in AML/Fraud/Risk Management and Responsible Gambling/Affordability measures.
- Developing and implementing policy and procedures
- A recognised accreditation in AML, Responsible Gambling, Data Protection, Risk Management or other areas of Compliance would be beneficial
- An understanding of the relevant regulatory frameworks
- An ability to communicate succinctly and clearly, verbally and in writing
- An ability to work autonomously while ensuring the Legal & Compliance team is kept updated
- Being decisive and able to make recommendations to the Head of Risk & Compliance
- Enthusiasm and drive combined with the ability to work in a cohesive and collaborative team
- Ability to multitask
- Proven ability to recognise the implications of risk, compliance and change at an organisational and project level
- Experience of communicating at senior levels would be beneficial
- Ability to develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of continuously updating regulations related to the company’s core business
- Previous training experience would be beneficial
- Must be eligible to work in the EU