Compliance & Responsible Gambling Officer
The Responsible Gambling Officer (RGO) is an essential part of both the Compliance Team and the business as a whole. The RGO primarily helps to protect customers who show signs and behaviours of problem gambling and ensures the company adheres to Social Responsibility regulations, raises awareness and provides training while being proactive on responsible gambling matters.
Reporting to the Head of Risk & Compliance, the RGO role will conduct day-to-day monitoring and identification of potential problem gambling customers, training and advising colleagues, project work and varied Compliance work.
This is also an incumbent responsibility to protect the customer and the stakeholders from inherent risk whilst ensuring the company’s ability to transact freely as well as protect customers who show signs and behaviours of problem gambling.
What will I be doing?
- Ensure the Responsible Gambling policy and procedures are up to date, implemented and communicated.
- Investigate problem gambling patterns of customers who have been flagged and action accordingly
- Identify potential at risk behaviours through in-depth reviews of customer activity that leverage analytics tools, and conduct appropriate detailed interactions with customers while documenting thoroughly
- Carry out affordability checks to supplement RG assessments taking into account source of funds and wealth
- Work closely with other teams across the business to manage the RG aspects of customers
- Maintain the Responsible Gambling log and records for internal use and regulatory purposes
- Supply any statistics or information for internal reports and regulatory returns
- Ensure the ICS (Internal Control System) document is updated for Responsible Gambling matters
- Provide Social Responsibility regulatory updates and training to colleagues
- Work with the Head of Risk & Compliance on RG matters for regulatory queries and inspection.
- Undertake RG risk assessments in conjunction with the Senior Compliance Officer
- Use internal systems and automation to be proactive on RG matters
- Create and maintain relationships with Responsible Gambling organisations such as GambleAware, GamCare and GamStop
- Manage the company Responsible training requirements and responsibilities for all relevant areas including ensuring induction training is received
- Ensure the business is compliant with its Social Responsibility and problem gambling policies
- Ensure regulatory returns are completed accurately and on time
- Conduct regular reviews of our internal control procedures and recommend changes where required
- Research and drive new technology changes to improve risk and compliance functions
- Oversee the Enhanced Due Diligence Affordability processes ensuring policies are adhered to
What we are looking for?
- An ability to communicate succinctly and clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Strong literacy, documentation and analytic skillset
- Familiarity of the risk and compliance environment
- Being proactive in Responsible Gambling matters (updates, training, news, projects, suggestions)
- An ability to work autonomously while ensuring the Head of risk & Compliance and the team is updated
- Ability to work in a cohesive and collaborative team
- Ability to draft policy documents and internal control procedures
- Being decisive and be able to make recommendations to the Head of Risk & Compliance
- An understanding of Social Responsibility regulatory frameworks
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines while displaying attention to detail
- Contacts and relationships with Responsible Gambling organisations would be beneficial but not essential
- Enjoys using systems and able to familiarise themselves through self development
Xanadu is an equal opportunities employer