QA Automation Engineer
At Xanadu, we provide services to Matchbook, a sophisticated betting exchange. This uses peer-to-peer betting where customers can choose to either place a bet or take a bet. It’s suitable for all types of bettors from casual punters to professional traders. Matchbook is no ordinary web platform. It has more in common with the New York Stock Exchange than with a bookmaker. It operates at scale. Its API processes over 450 million API requests per day. It manages billions of dollars worth of transactions.
With more regulated markets opening around the world we face new opportunities for further expansion, leveraging our cutting-edge technology to provide our partners with an extremely performant and dependable exchange system.
At Xanadu you’ll work at a scale which you’ll rarely find anywhere else. The challenges here are big – really big. The people you’ll work with are hungry to tackle them. If this sounds like a challenge too good to ignore, then we want to hear from you.
As a QA engineer your mission will be to ensure that your team delivers products to the very highest level of quality, whilst also helping to develop our QA frameworks used by all engineering teams across the business. You will use Agile methodologies to build, test, and deliver products and features across our suite of mobile products. You will also work as part of a dedicated team of passionate and talented engineers to continue Matchbook’s mission to become to leading platform globally. You will play an important role in ensuring the highest levels of quality in the next phase of features and products on the newly built exchange as part of the Matchbook Product Engineering Team.
What will I be doing?
- Defines and plans test cycles and test quality
- Design and maintenance of test plans, test scripts, test cases and data
- Co-ordinates all test activities across product owners, scrum masters and developers on all Agile team teams to ensure the smooth running of test cycles (integration, system, cross browser, regression, deployment)
- Liaises with development leads to ensure resolution of system defects
- Communication with multi-national teams regarding projects and issues
- Write and execute automation tests and develop automation suites
- Provide buddying and guidance to new hires
- Production of test progress status and reports
- Decision making influencing product quality, product availability, and company objectives
What are we looking for?
- Minimum of 4 years experience as a software tester with proven experience in defining and leading QA cycles
- Experience in functional and non functional testing of transactional business applications a must
- 2+ years Python experience
- Knowledge of API testing
- Knowledge of Unix
- Knowledge of database MySQL
- Knowledge of Cassandra would be a plus
- Development and QA Environment set up experience would be a plus
- Knowledge of technology such as Rabbit MQ will be a plus
- A track record of successful project completion working in a team environment
- A proven ability to work under pressure and deliver within tight deadlines.
- Proven analytic and problem solving abilities
- Drive for results. Takes ownership for tasks and overcomes obstacles
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills with the ability to lead and mentor others on test practices
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
- Educated to degree level in computer science from a recognised University or Technical College
Xanadu is an equal opportunities employer.