At Xanadu, we provide services to Matchbook, a sophisticated betting exchange. This uses peer-to-peer betting where customers can choose to either place a bet or take a bet. It’s suitable for all types of bettors from casual punters to professional traders. Matchbook is no ordinary web platform. It has more in common with the New York Stock Exchange than with a bookmaker. It operates at scale. Its API processes over 450 million API requests per day. It manages billions of dollars worth of transactions.
With more regulated markets opening around the world we face new opportunities for further expansion, leveraging our cutting-edge technology to provide our partners with an extremely performant and dependable exchange system.
At Xanadu you’ll work at a scale which you’ll rarely find anywhere else. The challenges here are big – really big. The people you’ll work with are hungry to tackle them. If this sounds like a challenge too good to ignore, then we want to hear from you.
What will I be doing?
- Implement performant UI using modern development techniques and tools
- Build UI that works across multiple modern browsers
- Build high quality, well-structured robust components and modules that encourage reuse with great documentation in a collaborative environment
- Optimise components for maximum performance across a variety of web-capable devices and browsers
- Research, implement and help to drive innovative UI solutions
- Collaborate with the UI designer and back-end developers to push the limits of existing UI technology and create the best possible user experience
- Create rapid UI prototypes as needed for evaluation
- Work in an Agile environment
What are we looking for?
A UI Developer that is proficient in React.js and will have:
- Experience building single-page applications in modern React/Redux architectures.
- Ideally 5+ yrs in HTML5/CSS/JS and 3+ yrs in React/Redux
- (nice to have: Immutable.js / Redux-Saga)
- Experience with common front-end build pipelines and tools, Webpack, Yarn, …
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms (such as mobile vs, desktop), and optimising output to match the specific platform
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Self-motivated with a proven track record of learning new skills using their own initiative
- Strong Web application design skills, including interface, layout and visual design and performance best practises
- Ability to follow and influence/create design and style guides
- Ability to react, adapt and be flexible when requirements change
- Working knowledge of git/node-based development environments and the Linux or Mac terminal
- Experience integrating with APIs built on REST and WebSockets
- Experience with working an Agile team/environment and ability to discuss and evaluate user stories