At Xanadu, we develop sophisticated products for the online sports betting industry. We have developed and deployed a modern, distributed, high-performance platform across multiple data centres. We are now recruiting for System Administrator to join our expanding and dynamic team. You’ll work at a scale which you’ll rarely find anywhere else. The challenges here are big – really big. The people you’ll work with are hungry to tackle them. If this sounds like a challenge too good to ignore, then we want to hear from you.
What will I be doing?
- Responsible for the network and server infrastructure in our colocation and cloud locations that power our development and production workloads
- Build and maintain the physical and logical network services for our offices worldwide
- Be proactive in supporting base services such as site-to-site connectivity, DNS, Identity Access Management (IAM) and NTP
- Drive changes that improve our security posture as a company (refining our policies, auditing logs, improvements to access control, employee training, etc)
- Work with members of the development, devops and production support teams to recognise, propose and later implement changes to our infrastructure stack with a strong emphasis on security and availability.
- Work with third parties to manage and troubleshoot issues remotely or on-site.
- Regular documentation updates for changes or new implementations of underlying infrastructure and base services
- Be part of the on-call rota to assist with essential services
What we are looking for?
- Hands-on experience deploying on-premise, colocated and cloud-based server and network equipment
- Extensive Linux knowledge (ideally Debian/Ubuntu based)
- Extensive TCP/IP knowledge and troubleshooting ability
- Networking knowledge and experience including switching, routing, VPNs, load balancing
- Knowledge of cloud platforms, AWS preferred
- Experience using version control systems (Git)
- Thorough knowledge of virtualisation products such as KVM, QEmu
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon ECS and/or Google Kubernetes Engine
- Strong knowledge of common network protocols and services like DNS (PowerDNS is a plus), HTTP (Nginx), NTP, syslog
- Experience with Puppet, Ansible, Salt and similar tools
- Strong security awareness & ability to deploy solutions consistent with security policy
- Ability to work with different teams and projects at the same time while prioritizing tasks based on business needs
- Ability to undertake medium-sized IT projects as instructed by the Management and complete them to an agreed standard with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
Bonus points for...
- Experience with Mikrotik and pfSense network equipment
- Experience with Dell, Cisco, and HP switches configuration
- Experience with dynamic routing protocols OSPF, BGP
- Experience in maintaining infrastructure as code with tools such as Terraform
- Knowledge of monitoring and logging software such as Prometheus, Grafana, InfluxDB, Telegraf, ELK stack
- Experience building, extending and maintaining IAM solutions
- MySQL and Cassandra database cluster administration experience
- Familiarity with HAProxy deployment, configuration and operational improvements
- Knowledge of Jenkins or other CI/CD systems
- Scripting and automation skills and experience (bash, python, golang)
Linux, DNS, KVM, Foreman, Docker, Kubernetes (K8s), MySQL, Cisco, HP, Dell, pfSense, Mikrotik, HAproxy, NGINX, Java and Python applications, continuous build environment, open source technologies.