At Xanadu, we provide services to Matchbook, a sophisticated betting exchange. This uses peer-to-peer betting where customers can choose to either place a bet or take a bet. It’s suitable for all types of bettors from casual punters to professional traders. Matchbook is no ordinary web platform. It has more in common with the New York Stock Exchange than with a bookmaker. It operates at scale. Its API processes over 450 million API requests per day. It manages billions of dollars worth of transactions.
With more regulated markets opening around the world we face new opportunities for further expansion, leveraging our cutting-edge technology to provide our partners with an extremely performant and dependable exchange system.
At Xanadu you’ll work at a scale which you’ll rarely find anywhere else. The challenges here are big – really big. The people you’ll work with are hungry to tackle them. If this sounds like a challenge too good to ignore, then we want to hear from you.
What will I be doing?
- Designing and implementing Java-based microservices.
- Taking products from conception to production.
- Designing, developing and delivering software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, performance and efficiency of our systems.
- Solving problems affecting mission-critical production systems and implementing improvements to prevent problem recurrence.
- Improving instrumentation and monitoring of all production systems.
- Influencing designs, architectures and standards for highly available, distributed systems.
- Engaging in capacity planning, performance analysis and system tuning.
- Contributing to the evolution of our engineering and agile culture.
- Mentoring and improving the software and system skills of other engineers.
- Supporting QA, Operations and other areas as needed.
- Supporting the team in whatever capacity necessary to achieve the sprint goal.
- You may be asked in future to join the on-call rota to assist with production issues.
What are we looking for?
- BSc. degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years Java / JEE development experience
- Experience in highly transactional multi-user systems
- Strong systems analysis skills.
- Transform requirements using structured techniques to create functional/technical specs. Knack for writing clean, maintainable code
- Passion for quality
- Experience of working within an agile development framework
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent mentorship skills
- Systematic problem-solving approach, with a strong sense of ownership.
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Desirable experience in some or all of the following technologies; Java, JEE, Messaging, Strong OOD and knowledge of design patterns, Docker, Tomcat, SQL, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, Spring, and RESTful APIs.
- The following tools: GIT, Junit, Maven