Matchbook Betting Exchange - Compliance Operations Analyst
At Xanadu, we provide services to Matchbook, a sophisticated betting exchange. This uses peer-to-peer betting where customers can choose to either place a bet or take a bet. It’s suitable for all types of bettors from casual punters to professional traders. Matchbook is no ordinary platform. It has more in common with the New York Stock Exchange than with a bookmaker. It operates at scale. Its API processes over 450 million API requests per day. It manages billions of dollars worth of transactions.
With more regulated markets opening around the world we face new opportunities for further expansion, leveraging our cutting-edge technology to provide our partners with an extremely performant and dependable exchange system.
The challenges here are big. The people you’ll work with are hungry to tackle them. If this sounds like a challenge too good to ignore, then we want to hear from you.
The Compliance Operations analyst will carry out and document detailed reviews and analyses of individual customer accounts to onboard new customers, risk assess existing customers and process payments for customers. The Agent will be responsible for all aspects of the Know Your Customer (KYC) procedure.
What will I be doing?
- Verify new customers as part of the KYC process to ensure accounts are on-boarded smoothly and in line with regulations.
- Utilize a suite of analytical tools with the addition of publicly available information to build a detailed customer profile where necessary
- Record all customer transactional data, known information and potential risks in a Customer Due Diligence (CDD) Document
- Assist the Customer Service team to address customer needs in particular to queries relating to deposits and withdrawals ensuring customers' expectations and business operations standards are met.
- Review customers screened against politically exposed and sanctions databases and in turn accordingly log and escalate any instances.
- Make informed and prompt decisions on customer behavior and transactional assessments
- Assist in the application of procedures to identify suspicious behaviour and continually improve these procedures to reduce the risk of AML/CTF
- Collaborate and Knowledge share with other departments to build a complete picture of information and activity about customers and customer activity trends
- Monitor live transactions for any chargeback or fraud risk
What are we looking for?
- Ability to make risk-based decisions that comply with regulations and meet internal service levels regarding customer experience
- Have a very good understanding of risk detection systems
- Knowledge of compliance-related regulation
- Knowledge of banking, payments or e-gaming industries is advantageous
- Knowledge of sports betting is important
- Strong data and information analysis through system and report utilization
- Intermediate level sports knowledge and introductory betting knowledge
- The ability to promptly determine the potential impact of presented scenarios
- The ability to communicate risks in a simplified and concise manner
- Good understanding of technical systems
- Accuracy and amazing attention to detail
- Ability to work in a cohesive and collaborative team
- Ability to multitask
Education, Qualifications & Experience required:
- A can-do attitude and willingness to go the extra mile for our customers
- To be responsible and reliable and able to be flexible in working tasks
- An AML/Compliance specific qualification, beneficial but not essential
- Experience working in a data-sensitive environment
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills