Responsible Gambling Officer (RGO)
The Responsible Gambling Officer (RGO) is an essential part of both the Compliance Team and the business as a whole. The RGO primarily helps to protect customers who show signs and behaviors of problem gambling and ensures the company adheres to Social Responsibility regulations, raises awareness, provides training while being proactive on responsible gambling matters.
Reporting to the Senior Compliance Officer, the RGO role will conduct day-to-day monitoring and identification of potential problem gambling customers, training and advising colleagues, project work and some varied Compliance work. The current mix for the role is approximately 70% Responsible Gambling oriented and 30% Compliance (although the RGO aspect is likely to increase)
What will I be doing?
- Ensure the Responsible Gambling policy and procedures are up to date, implemented and communicated.
- Investigate problem gambling patterns of customers who have been flagged and action accordinglyIdentify potential at risk behaviours through in-depth reviews of customer activity that leverage analytics tools, and conduct appropriate detailed interactions with customers while documenting thoroughly
- Carry out affordability checks to supplement RG assessments taking into account source of funds and wealth
- Work closely with other teams across the business to manage the RG aspects of customers
- Maintain the Responsible Gambling log and records for internal use and regulatory purposes
- Supply any statistics or information for internal reports and regulatory returns
- Ensure the ICS (Internal Control System) document is updated for Responsible Gambling matters
- Provide Social Responsibility regulatory updates and training to colleagues
- Work with the Senior Compliance Officer on RG matters for regulatory queries and inspections
- Undertake RG risk assessments in conjunction with the Senior Compliance Officer
- Use internal systems and automation to be proactive on RG matters
- Create and maintain relationships with Responsible Gambling organisations such as GambleAware, GamCare and GamStop
What we are looking for?
- An ability to communicate succinctly and clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Strong documentation and analytic skills
- Being proactive in Responsible Gambling matters (updates, training, news, projects, suggestions)
- An ability to work autonomously while ensuring the Senior Compliance Officer and the team is updated
- Ability to work in a cohesive and collaborative team
- Being decisive and be able to make recommendations to the Senior Compliance Officer
- An understanding of Social Responsibility regulatory frameworks
- Accuracy and amazing attention to detail
- Contacts and relationships with Responsible Gambling organisations would be beneficial but not essential
- Proven excellent communication skills and ability to liaise with a diverse audience
- Intermediate MS Office skills
Xanadu is an equal opportunities employer